Jonathan qualified as a Solicitor in 2009, having trained with a local Law firm. He joined Tolhurst Fisher in 2014 and became a Partner in the Residential Conveyancing Department in 2017.
He has acted for clients in residential conveyancing transactions for over 10 years, ensuring that all matters proceed as smoothly as possible. Jonathan’s attention to detail and client service was recognised at the ESTAS Awards 2018, at which the Tolhurst Fisher Conveyancing Department was honoured to win two awards. He prioritises good communication throughout all transactions, regularly communicating with clients, other Solicitors in the chain and Estate Agents to ensure that everyone is working towards a successful conclusion. This proactive approach ensures that clients are able to move to their new property as soon as possible.
Jonathan has also been instrumental in moving the Firm towards a more streamlined Conveyancing process, embracing modern technology and processes to aid clients in any way possible.
– Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold properties
– Sale and purchase of properties at auction
– Re-mortgages of residential and leasehold properties
– Transfer of Equity
– Registration of unregistered titles
– Equity Release
– Refinance of property portfolios
– Referee in semi-professional football
– Playing cello in local orchestras
1. The buyer of a freehold residential property intended to carry out extensive renovation works following completion of the purchase of his property. Jonathan noted that the title contained restrictive covenants preventing such renovation works being carried out without the previous consent of the Estate management company. Using his local knowledge and contacts, Jonathan guided the buyer through the process of preparing and submitting plans and documentation to the relevant surveyor and subsequently to the Solicitor of the management company, ensuring that approval was granted prior to the client exchanging contracts for the purchase, thereby saving a potentially considerable premium being charged by the management company for retrospective consent.
2. A property portfolio owner approached Jonathan to arrange the refinance of their property portfolio of over 90 properties, worth over £6 million, including both freehold and leasehold properties as well as Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs). Jonathan co-ordinated the refinancing, ensuring that, where necessary, registered titles were corrected in line with the lender’s requirements and that funds were made available at the appropriate times to enable existing charges to be removed and the properties and charges to be subsequently correctly registered with HM Land Registry and Companies House.
T: 01702 352511