Jerry became a consultant solicitor with Tolhurst Fisher in May 2015 when his firm, Nathans Solicitors was taken over by them. Before changing to a career in law almost thirty years ago he worked for many years in the insurance industry in the City, West End and elsewhere.
Jerry specialises in dispute resolution and over the years has acted for clients in litigation (including advocacy) as diverse as:
– Landlord and tenant
– Personal injury
– Consumer credit, mortgages and guarantees
– Building disputes
– Divorce and family
– Wills and trusts
– Criminal defence
Jerry is a past president of the Southend on Sea and District Law Society and remains on their committee reporting on civil litigation issues; also as their local court users’ representative.
– Jerry is interested in sport, particularly football. Nowadays he watches rather than plays.
– Jerry is a semi-professional musician (drummer) playing and deputising in bands.
1. Acted for wife in high-end family finances litigation foiling husband’s attempts to transfer large sums of money abroad and in so doing obtain a far better divorce settlement for the wife.
2. Acted for guarantor against bank and preventing the bank from enforcing the guarantee due to bank having destroyed material documents in the course of the case.
3. Acted for tenants against freeholder who bought freeholds from predecessor for a song, without giving tenants statutory opportunity to exercise their right of first refusal. Forced the current freeholder to sell freeholds to tenants for about 3% of their worth.
4. Acted for property owner against estate freeholder in modifying a restrictive covenant otherwise preventing property owner from building another house on the land.
5. Pursued director who liquidated his company rather than company pay its debt to the client. Succeeded in obtaining court order that debt paid personally by director.
5. Acted for bankrupt against his Trustee in Bankruptcy in respect of bankrupt’s pensions. Case went to House of Lords and then very settled favourably for bankrupt, bringing forward a change in the law.
T: 01702 352511