Andrew recently received his 36th Practicing Certificate. A Senior Partner is a Legal 500 rated Firm, he joined Tolhurst Fisher as a Consultant in November 2015.
Having provided a “one-stop shop” to Entrepreneurs, Andrew’s main work was buying and selling businesses but he also bought, sold and leased property and did litigation and tax work. Andrew believes that perseverance counts and it is the willingness to get stuck into the detail which creates the best chances of success.
– Businesses sales and acquisitions
– Commercial and residential property lettings, sales and acquisitions
– Wills and trusts
– Private pilot
1. One of Andrew’s Sunday Times Rich List entrepreneurs wanted an assessment of whether a business in which hundreds of millions of dollars had been invested had, was and would make a satisfactory return. Andrew instructed accountants in the UK and then overseas to prepare reports. The reports were not felt to be representative and Andrew then used a spreadsheet expert to prepare sophisticated spreadsheets to create a view on where the business had gone, was going and would go.
2. A North American Business used Andrew to set up their venture in the UK. He issued employment contracts for the staff, leased over 50 leasehold retail shops, leased their office space, organised trade marks and other work. When the UK business was attacked in the High Court, Andrew briefed Queens Counsel and successfully defended the attack. When the business floated on the AIM Market, Andrew helped co-ordinate the float and was the Public Listed Company’s Company Secretary.
3. An overseas Client with a UK franchisee felt that one of its European Trade Marks had been infringed by a multinational company. There was no jurisdiction within the UK and Andrew went to Holland instructed an American law Firm to issue proceedings in Holland and obtained a World Wide Injunction.
T: 01245 216100