Property Department Paralegal
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our busy property team at our Southend on Sea office as a paralegal.
Tolhurst Fisher is an established Essex law firm which offers a wide range of services across private and commercial law. The firm has a history of development from within and many of its partners and senior staff first joined the firm as trainees or paralegals.
This position would suit a graduate looking to start a career in law. It offers a great opportunity to work alongside partners in our commercial teams to gain valuable experience, assisting on significant deals.
Training and support will be provided as necessary.
There is the potential, for the right candidate, to move forwards to a formal training contract and qualification as a solicitor.
This is a full-time, office-based position with a competitive salary.
The successful candidate’s work will include (but not be limited to):
- providing transactional support in Residential & (or) Commercial Property;
- Companies House and Land Registry filings, mortgage & search reports preparation of exchange/completion documents etc;
- carrying out research tasks; and
- liaising with clients and professional contacts
The ideal candidate will have some (if not all) of the following characteristics and skills:
- previous work experience in a client-facing role or within a similar setting;
- strong academics to degree level in any subject (we will consider candidates who have already passed the LPC);
- a keen interest in property law;
- excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Training on the use of Case Management Systems will be given.
Only applications supported by an up to date CV and a covering letter will be considered.
If you have not received a reply within 14 days your application will have been unsuccessful.
Email applications are acceptable to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to :
Tolhurst Fisher, Trafalgar House, 8-10 Nelson Street, Southend on Sea, Essex SS1 1EF